As we approach the end of summer and the hustle of back-to-school season begins, I'd like to offer some valuable insights for your upcoming outdoor family photo session in Boston.
1. Secure Your Spot Early: The demand for photographers during this season is incredibly high, particularly in the New England area. Most photographers, myself included, tend to be fully booked during or even before the summer. It's advisable to secure your session well in advance to ensure availability.
2. Plan for Outfit Options: When preparing for family photos, especially considering the well-being of the little ones, it's crucial to prioritize comfort and warmth. However, the weather can be quite unpredictable in October. I always recommend having an extra set of outfits on hand in case the temperature drops unexpectedly.
3. Prioritize Pre-Session Meals: This tip is especially pertinent for young children. Even if the session is scheduled close to dinnertime, I suggest feeding your kids beforehand. Our sessions involve a lot of movement and activity, so ensuring your little ones are nourished and energized beforehand is key.
4. Punctuality Matters: To optimize the lighting conditions and capture the most enchanting shots, I typically schedule only one full session per day. I carefully choose the timing to coincide with the best natural lighting. Being on time is essential as arriving late might cause you to miss out on the captivating light that enhances the photos.
5. Consider Professional Hair and Makeup: For moms, I highly recommend considering professional hair and makeup services before the family session. Not only will this enhance your appearance, but it will also boost your confidence and help you feel relaxed and ready to shine during the session.
Book your fall family photo today with Alice Lin Photography!