Thanks for booking Holiday mini session with me this year! Can't wait to see your beautiful family! Here are some tips on how to prepare your family outfits:
1. Choose a unifying color palette to create a cohesive look for your Christmas family outfits. Consider shades like navy blue, maroon, and grey to tie your group together. 2. Achieve a harmonious appearance in your family photos without everyone wearing identical prints. Start with one person wearing a patterned top or bottom and then complement it with solid colors in the rest of the outfits. 3. Add depth and visual interest to your family photo by incorporating various textures into your clothing choices. Mix in pieces made of denim, velvet, and corduroy for a well-blended look. 4. Elevate your outfits with accessories to infuse style and personality. Consider coordinating accessories such as hats, scarves, and jewelry to bring the entire look together. 5. When it comes to holiday plaid, it's advisable to limit it to one person in the group (preferably the focal point, like a baby in the family photos). If multiple individuals wear plaid, ensure it's the exact same pattern. Alternatively, you can use plaid as an accent, like a shirt under a vest, so only the neck and sleeves are visible, or incorporate it as a dress under a solid-colored cardigan. 6. Avoid clothing with prominent Santa motifs or words on them to maintain a timeless and classic look.
7. Ensure that the clothing is a perfect fit for the children and avoid outfits that are excessively large. Additionally, please plan ahead for the shipping duration to ensure the outfits are ready before the mini session date.
8. To ensure the outfits look their best, please remember to iron them before the session.
9. Don't forget the shoes! Make sure shoes match the outfits!
9. Most importantly, enjoy the process of selecting your Christmas picture outfits! Don't stress over minor details; instead, savor the experience of choosing attire for this special occasion.
I don’t recommend any outfit change for Santa minis. But I'm completely fine with changing outfits for your children to achieve different looks during the family minis. However, it's important to keep track of the time. Our holiday family mini session is limited to 20 minutes, which includes the time needed for outfit changes. If we spend too much time changing outfits, it may reduce the amount of time we have for the actual photography.
As an alternative, you can consider adding specific pieces to the existing outfits. For instance, you could add suspenders to boys' pants, a vest over a shirt, or a cardigan over a dress. These simple additions can give a fresh look without consuming as much time.
I've assembled a Pinterest board featuring the majority of outfits featured in my model pictures, along with some additional outfit suggestions for your holiday photos. If you have any inquiries or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me via email at email@example.com. Don't hesitate to get in touch; I'm here to assist you.